- Return to Conference
- Vice Admiral Walter E. "Ted" Carter, Jr., Superintendent, U.S. Naval Academy
- Judy Woodruff, Anchor and Managing Editor, PBS Newshour
- Robert L. Caret, Ph.D., Chancellor, University System of Maryland
- James Deriu, Vice President, Regional Practice Leader, KCI Technologies
- Sonal Deshpande, Sector Vice President, Quality & Mission Excellence, Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems
- Walter Dinicola, P.E., M.ASCE, Principal Engineer, Anchor QEA
- Mike Ensor, Environmental Scientist, Northrop Grumman
- Adam Genn, Director of Development, Weller Development Company
- Joseph P. Gill, Director, Prince George's County Department of the Environmnet
- Charles Glass, Assistant Secretary for Transportation Policy Analysis & Planning, Maryland Department of Transportation
- Peter Goodwin, Ph.D., President, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- Joe Greco, Director of Planning and Business Development, Ports America Chesapeake
- Ben Grumbles, Secretary, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio, Secretary, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Lawrence Hentz, Senior Vice President, HDR
- Kenneth Holt, Secretary, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Tim Jones, Vice President, Administrative Services, Chesapeake College
- Paul Joyce, EHS Senior Manager, Stanley Black and Decker
- R. Earl Lewis, Deputy Secretary, Maryland Department of Transportation
- Whit MacCuaig, Partner, Chesapeake Real Estate Group
- Ian MacFarlane, President and CEO, EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc.
- Robert S. McCord, Secretary, Maryland Department of Planning
- Roy McGrath, Director/CEO, Maryland Environmental Service
- Ronald Mersky, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Chairman, Civil Engineering, Widener University
- Zohreh Movahed, Ph.D., Project Engineer/Water Management Consultant, WATEK
- Alexander G. Núñez, Senior Vice President, Regulatory and External Affairs, Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE)
- Adam Ortiz, Director, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- Christopher J. Phipps, P.E., Director of Public Works, Anne Arundel County
- Rhonda Pringle, Market President and Publisher, Baltimore Business Journal
- Jessica Rackley, Senior Policy Analyst Environment, Energy & Transportation Division, National Governor's Association
- Aaron Robinson, Senior Manager, Environmental Strategy and Sustainability, United Airlines
- Matthew Rowe, Assistant Director, Maryland Department of the Environment, Water and Science Administration
- J. Thomas Sadowski, Vice Chancellor for Economic Development, University System of Maryland (USM)
- Kelly M. Schulz, Secretary, Maryland Department of Commerce
2019 Environmental Business Leadership Conference
The Four Seasons Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland
July 10, 2019
Alexander G. Núñez, Senior Vice President, Regulatory and External Affairs, Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE)
As Senior Vice President of regulatory and external affairs for BGE. Mr. Núñez oversees strategy and regulatory affairs, governmental and external relations, communications and marketing, BGE’s economic development work, community relationships, and relationships with the company’s large customers.
Mr. Núñez previously served as the company’s vice president of governmental and external affairs, where he was responsible for managing the company’s relationships with Maryland’s state and local elected and appointed officials, as well as with the various state and local government agencies. Prior to that role, he served as Director of State Affairs and as Senior Public Affairs Representative and Annapolis counsel. Before joining the company in 2001, Mr. Núñez worked for the Maryland General Assembly for several years, where he served as Committee Counsel to the Senate Finance Committee of Maryland.
Mr. Núñez contributes actively participates with several industry and community organizations. He has long represented the company in the Maryland Chamber of Commerce, including on its Legislative Committee, Environment Committee, and Civil Liability Committee. He is a member of the Edison Foundation's Institute of Electric Innovation, a founding member of the Greater Baltimore Committee’s Energy and Natural Resources Committee and is a past president and active member of the Legislative Committee of the Maryland-D.C. Utilities Association.
Mr. Núñez serves currently on the boards of directors for Maryland Business Roundtable for Education and the Baltimore chapter of the Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA). He also serves as an appointee on the Governor’s Workforce Development Board and the Governor’s Commission on Hispanic Affairs. Mr. Núñez is a graduate of the Leadership Maryland Class of 2005 and served on its board of directors for a number of years. He is also a graduate of the GBC LEADERship Class of 2018. He also served previously on the boards of directors for the Maryland Government Relations Association and the Utilities State Government Organization.
Mr. Núñez also serves as vice-president of the Walters Art Museum Board of Trustees and as chair of its Engagement Committee.
Mr. Núñez received a Bachelor of Arts degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame and a Juris Doctorate with honors from Valparaiso University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts of Maryland and in the United States Supreme Court.