The MES Operator in Training (OIT) program develops certified operators who can, independently and efficiently, monitor and troubleshoot the facilities where they are assigned.
MES is searching for self-motivated, career-driven individuals for our OIT program. The three-year apprenticeship program provides paid on-the-job training as well as time for completing coursework. Upon successful completion of the program, operators receive a license as a water/wastewater operator for the State of Maryland.
The MES Operator in Training Apprenticeship program offers:
- Paid on-the-job training
- Accelerated pay scale
- Linear career path
- Paid overtime
- Uniform allowance (protective gear included)
- Professional certification(s)
- Weekly study time to prepare for State certification exam
- Assigned experienced mentor
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma/GED Equivalent
- Pass a standard physical exam
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong math skills/aptitude
- Compliance with all aspects of OSHA respiratory requirements, including medical evaluations and fit testing
For more information about the OIT program, contact Gregory Wilkinson.