FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
ANNAPOLIS, MD - Today, recipients of the inaugural Environmental Business Leadership Awards were announced by the Maryland Environmental Service. Following a competitive nomination and selection process, the awardees were selected by a fifteen-member panel. The awards will be presented at the sold-out, inaugural Environmental Business Leadership Conference on July 19 at the Westin Hotel Annapolis. The following are this year’s inaugural award recipients:
- Environmental Business Leadership - Public Sector: The Honorable Lawrence J. Hogan, Jr., Governor of Maryland
- Environmental Business Leadership - Private Sector: Thomas Maulding, Weller Development Co.
- Meritorious Service Award (Lifetime Achievement): The Honorable Wayne T. Gilchrest, Director, Sassafras Environmental Education Center, and former Member of Congress from Maryland
- Rising Star: Diane Croghan, Anne Arundel County Government
- Environmental Excellence - Sustainability: Marriott International, Inc. (being accepted by Denise Naguib, Vice President, Sustainability and Supplier Diversity, Marriott International)
- Environmental Excellence - Environmental Restoration: Barbara McMahon, MDOT Maryland Port Administration
- Environmental Excellence - Solid Waste Management: Mr. Trash Wheel (being accepted by John Kellet, President, Clearwater Mills, LLC)
“Each of the Environmental Business Leadership Awards recipients are exemplary individuals and organizations that have consistently demonstrated strong leadership and determination to strengthen and preserve Maryland’s environment,” said Roy McGrath, chairman and chief executive officer of the Maryland Environmental Service. “This inaugural group of awardees has set the bar very high and serve as examples of how good stewardship of the environment intersects positively with business and industry,” he added.
Moffatt & Nichol Company is the official sponsor of the awards.
The sold out Environmental Business Leadership Conference will feature over 50 industry experts and speakers including Maryland Lt. Governor Boyd K. Rutherford, six members of the Hogan Administration Cabinet, and nearly 300 private and public sector leaders.
The keynote address will be delivered by Dr. Andrew Winston, author of The Big Pivot, and a globally recognized green business expert.
This regional event is bringing together key business and environmental leaders to collaborate and learn about the latest environmental business and product innovations, technologies, and opportunities. For more information about the conference or to sign up for the wait list, visit biz.menv.com.---